How We Are Writers works
Any school in the UK can create their own We Are Writers book. All they need is for a teacher, staff member or parent to volunteer for the role of book co-ordinator.
Here’s how a We Are Writers book is created:
- The book co-ordinator registers on this website and sets up their online We Are Writers book.
- Pupils add chapters to the online book. They can log on at http://writers.scholastic.ie from a PC in school or at home, create their own chapter and type their work into it.
- The book co-ordinator chooses a cover picture for the book, and uses our online form to generate a promotional poster and parents order form.
- Once everyone is happy with the book, it’s time to order a sample copy! It is delivered within 14 working days of ordering, along with five FREE promotional posters.
- Hand out the order forms and hang your posters.
- Everyone admires the sample book.
- Order forms are collected in and the book co-ordinator lets us know how many books the school would like to buy.
- Final copies arrive 14 working days after ordering, ready for pupils to take home.